Passenger Ground Services
An exciting and innovative airport world awaits you.
- Airline Passenger Service Employees
- Ground Handling Agents’ passenger services employees
- Airport operators’ employees providing passenger services
- Anyone wishing to start a career as an Airport Passenger Service Agent
- Introduction to airport and airline operations
- Computer Reservations (CRS) and Departure Control Systems (DCS) functions
- Passenger and Baggage check-in procedures (airport and off-site)
- Conditions of passenger and baggage carriage, boarding procedures, and flight close-out messaging.
- Dangerous Goods regulations awareness for passenger service agents
- Managing passenger interactions
- Aviation security procedures for passenger and baggage transport
- Enhanced passenger facilitation, latest innovations, and career opportunities.
Upon completing the course, you will acquire the following core skills:
- Understand how airlines and airports operate in relation to the provision of passenger services
- Learn about passenger and baggage check-in and boarding procedures, including passengers with special needs.
- Interpret the respective regulatory requirements related to passenger and baggage transport
- Understand how computer reservations and departure control systems operate
- Learn about the latest technological innovations in passenger services
- Module: 1 Introduction to Airport and Airline Ground Operations
- Module: 2 Computer Reservations and Departure Control System Functions
- Module: 3 Check-In Procedures for Passengers and their Baggage (Airport and Off-site)
- Module: 4 Conditions of Carriage, Boarding Procedures and Close-Out Messaging
- Module: 5 Dangerous Goods Regulations
- Module: 6 Managing Passenger Interactions
- Module: 7 Aviation Security Requirements for Passenger and Baggage
- Module: 8 Enhanced Passenger Facilitation
- Module: 9 Future of the Industry